With such a busy schedule, planning ahead is essential! And as you might of guessed, my Sundays are spent meal prepping all day long. I love doing this for two reasons. First, because it completely eliminates that stressful question “What do I eat?” and second, I know I won’t be tempted to eat something unhealthy. So here is a post on one of my favourite mid-day snacks.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shaved coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use vegan chocolate)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Stir all ingredients together, except for the chocolate, in a bowl. If you feel you need more binder, add extra honey or peanut butter.
- Place parchment paper on a rectangular glass dish and spread mixture evenly in it.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate.
- After the 20 minutes, spread the melted chocolate evenly on top.
- Cover and continue to chill for another 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares and wrap them individually in plastic wrap for an easy grab-n-go!
Usually, I’ll double up this recipe and I’ll get 15 bars out of it which lasts us a week between the two of us!